I’ll do my best to keep some updates related to IT coming as I see a benefit to you our valued client. So, here’s #2…
We’ve had a lot of clients take me up on the need to setup remote employees. With the escalation in the events since my email just a few days ago, this has taken on new levels of both urgency and quantity. We are working hard as a team accommodating both your requests and timing of the requests but we have learned a few things that we need your help on:
- Please organize your users needed for offsite access in a spreadsheet which we will use as our checklist both to enable the users as well as disconnect when this is all over.
- Please also place the request from yourself, or one user instead of every user sending in a ticket.
- We are finding a lot of home users with Windows 7 and the computers are out of date and don’t have up to date antivirus.
- We can’t accept the risk for you to provide these users with VPN access
- We need your home users to run updates and be up to date as we are taking a lot of time to get computers updated before we can even start our work
- With the exponential increase of companies needing their entire staff to work from home, I will be evaluating the potential of what we need to invoice with each client individually.
Update on cyber risks out there:
- Please inform your staff that searching the web for information on Corona/Covid-19 needs to be minimized or eliminated at the workplace.
- We have many reports of websites being spun up that are linking the real-time infection maps from hospitals like Scripps Medical. When you go to the site and then click a link you could become infected.
- Alert your team to the following
- Minimize web browsing to business needs ONLY
- Closely monitor emails and only view emails you are confident are legitimate
- Hover over links within email and confirm the link go’s to a normal website
- Call the sender if you have a question on the email
- By now you can be pretty certain a member of your Executive team will not be sending wiring instructions over email
What solutions do we have to help:
- Cyber Web Protection: this solution protects all web traffic for each user, both on your internal network and while traveling with company laptops.
- This is a relatively simple solution to implement and improves your security exponentially
- Security Awareness Training: this solution trains your staff to be alert to cyber scams and security risks.
- This is also a relatively simple solution to implement and helps keep your staff on their toes.
- Shared file sync n share: this is an enterprise Dropbox type solution. The difference is we can activate your shared data at the office for your access via web, local pc application, and mobile phone. This is a little more involved for vetting, cost, and implementation.
- This solution is the future of shared data access and has already been on our list as a top solution to be offering this year.
- I would encourage you to NOT ALLOW users to create personal Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, or Google Drive type accounts and start using that for their storage. You don’t want to be left in a position of not having your company data controlled.
If you have any questions on any of these solutions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back in touch with you. We will also provide a discount both for the startup costs and monthly for a period of time during this issue to help alleviate some costs.
Thank you again for your partnership, we don’t get through events like this without sticking together so please let me know if we can help in any way.
Thank you again,